Monday, June 17, 2013

Chronos Arcanum!

Well, my artist likes to take her sweet time with the cover drawing for The Glacial Tempest. *shrug* So I guess I might not be able to show it to you any time soon.

Anyway, for the main topic, Chronos Arcanum! I have completed the prologue, and was planning on posting it here after I finish chapter 1, but inevitable delays prevent me from finishing the chapter as quickly as I hoped, so I'm going to post the prologue here now~

You can find the link on the right side of the blog. *thumbs up* Hope you guys enjoy it, it's over 9000! The word count, that is. Heh.

My very first written creation for this book series was actually the Chronos Arcanum prologue. I first wrote it when I was in high school, several years ago. However, since I was a young boy back then, and I didn't have enough creativity to write a whole book, I stopped writing after the prologue. What I did mostly was change and refine the prologue over and over again! But I never moved past it.

Eventually, I managed to write chapter 1! Unfortunately, I was too young to have thought of the concept "backup", so when my computer had to be reformatted, I lost all of my works! It was a good thing I posted the prologue in my Facebook account (on My Notes) before, although it was not the updated and refined version. Nevertheless, I'm glad I still have a remnant of my story.

Now, when I finally finished writing The Glacial Tempest, I prepared myself to go back to the book that started it all....

It was so funny, looking back, and seeing that there were still so many grammatical errors on my work even with all the "refining" and such! And another funny thing, I have changed so many major concepts when I was writing The Glacial Tempest that when I read Chronos Arcanum once more, half of it was now off-course. *laughs*

Well, after yet another set of renovations, here it is! I'm halfway through chapter 1, and the prologue is yours to enjoy and/or criticize. *grins*

TAKE NOTE, however, that The Glacial Tempest is the prequel of Chronos Arcanum, so the latter uses some of the elements in the former. Understand that when you read the CA prologue, you might get a small glimpse (or spoiler) on how Erin's story ended.

NOTE: My first real written creation was actually an unfinished novel called "Scarlet (something)", which was about a blood-red gem that contained all essence of evil. I forgot the whole title, or if it was actually just Scarlet. Meh. I only managed to write two chapters of it, too, before I lost it from yet another reformatting. I didn't write for more than a year after that, and when I started writing again, I already had a whole new story: the Chronos Arcanum. I wrote Scarlet (something) when I was thirteen years old, I think? Give or take a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment