Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Glacial Tempest has been... finally completed!

Long have I dreamed for the day when I rename the word document of my compiled finished chapters into "The Glacial Tempest (Manuscript)", and I finally have!

I have just finished writing and proofreading the epilogue midnight before June 8th.

It took me more than half a year to write this book, and I have finally completed it! I have never had a project this big that I followed through, and the feeling I got from this accomplishment was sheer pleasure.

Let me give you something to help imagine how thick The Glacial Tempest is:
- It's over 82,000 words!
- If a chapter ends, the next chapter automatically skips to the next page, so there are some pages that are not completely filled with words. Anyway, with the format Times New Roman size 12 and no line spacing, the manuscript contains 152 short bond paper pages! That's a lot of pages. Heh.

Tomorrow, I shall print the first ever full draft of this book! The draft, however, would only be exclusive to me--I'll be using the draft to proofread the story one last time before making it an official manuscript. After that, I shall print more copies for friends and relatives to receive their views on my story.

While that happens, I'm going to start on my next project:
The Chronicles of the Dark Arcanist: Chronos Arcanum
- That's actually the first book of the series. *laughs* And now that I have a firm concept from which the elements of the other books will stem from, I will have a steady storyline throughout all my books! This is a big goal, and I am willing to reach it.

I still have one last freebie for you guys, but I still have to wait for it to be completed.
Unfortunately, it's not TGT - Chapter 5. The preview stops on chapter 4. I'm sorry~

TGT is going to cost me and arm (not a leg) to print, I'm sure, but I guess it's all worth it!

Once again, thank you for reading my ramblings. I hope this story gets far, just for the sake of immortalizing my characters and my world. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment